Check out highlights from professional exchange programs we have recently hosted.
A group of advocates, elected officials, and law enforcement professionals from Liberia visited Minnesota to discuss combating human trafficking.
- Law enforcement professionals from Rwanda met with members of law enforcement, the judicial branch, and academia in Minnesota to discuss approaches to law enforcement communications and community outreach.
- A group of activists and elected officials from Latin America visited to discuss the participation of minority groups in the democratic process.
- Filmmakers and educators from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan shared their approaches to creating social change through storytelling.
A group of arts professionals from Lebanon visited to discuss arts education and managing arts organizations.
A group of community leaders and government officials from across Europe came to Minnesota to discuss how to counter violent extremism and extremist ideologies.
- Nonprofit leaders in Poland and representatives from the City of Minneapolis shared best practices for fundraising and community development.
- Australian experts met with communications professionals in Minnesota to discuss media ethics and combatting disinformation.
A group of women political leaders from around the world (19 different countries) visited to discuss women’s participation in electoral politics.
- 22 visitors from 16 countries throughout the Indo-Pacific who specialize in the development of sustainable cities met with government agencies and NGOs in Minnesota to discuss practices for protecting natural resources in sustainable development.