Check out highlights from professional exchange programs we have recently hosted.
- Law enforcement professionals from Rwanda met with members of law enforcement, the judicial branch, and academia in Minnesota to discuss approaches to law enforcement communications and community outreach.
- Canadian elected officials and representatives from border cities in the U.S., including International Falls, talked about the economic and social implications of the U.S./Canada border closure due to Covid-19.
- Filmmakers and educators from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan shared their approaches to creating social change through storytelling.
- Nonprofit leaders in Poland and representatives from the City of Minneapolis shared best practices for fundraising and community development.
- Australian experts met with communications professionals in Minnesota to discuss media ethics and combatting disinformation.
- 20 women political leaders from Europe, Near East, and Africa met with local NGO’s to talk about women’s rights and empowerment.
- 22 visitors from 16 countries throughout the Indo-Pacific who specialize in the development of sustainable cities met with government agencies and NGO’s in Minnesota to discuss practices for protecting natural resources in sustainable development.