World Health Day Symposium 2021
April 7 @ 9:00 am CDT
Global Minnesota hosts an important virtual symposium to mark World Health Day on April 7. The official theme for the day is Health Equity.
This enormous topic extends all the way from local grassroots issues to global policy initiatives. With its reputation for health care, organizations and companies based in Minnesota are in a unique position to share expertise in improving global health. As the facilitator of this symposium, Global Minnesota serves as a conduit of information that can take local innovations and extend their reach across the world.
What projects around the globe can shape solutions that support developing health equity? How can the United States and Minnesota learn from global innovators?
Register now to hear the perspectives of local, national, and international organizations and corporations that provide leadership in health care, research, and policy. Based on prior experience we expect more than 2,000 participants representing 40 states and countries!
This event will be livestreamed, with links provided to registrants.
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, PhD, Director-General, World Health Organization [invited to speak]
- Peggy Flanagan, Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota
- Michael Osterholm, PhD, Director, Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), University of Minnesota
- Jakub Tolar, MD, PhD, Dean, University of Minnesota Medical School
- G. Anton Decker, MD/MBBCh, President, Mayo Clinic International
- Her Excellency Reem Ebrahim Al Hashimy, Minister of State for International Cooperation, United Arab Emirates
- Phyllis Kurlander Costanza, Head, UBS in Society, CEO, UBS Optimus Foundation
- Pierre R. Theodore, MD, Vice President, Johnson & Johnson Global External Innovation
- Niousha Roshani, PhD, Co-Founder, Global Black Youth
- Ali Diallo, Founder and General Partner, United Capital Group
- Efe Ukala, Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, JPMorgan Chase & Company
- Jean-Paul Smets, Founder and CEO, Nexedi
- Liviu Vedrasco, MD, Head, Simulation Exercises & Emergency Response Reviews Unit, World Health Organization
- Leith Greenslade, Founder and CEO, Just Actions
- Claudia Romo Edelman, Founder/CEO, We Are All Human Foundation
Premier Presenting Sponsor
Thank You to Sponsors
Silver Sponsors King Solutions
If you register from inside the U.S., please use the form below. If you are an international participant, registering from outside the U.S., please use the form found HERE.