- This event has passed.
Success Stories from International Women Entrepreneurs
August 27 @ 12:00 pm CDT/ Free
From medicine to education to agriculture, women entrepreneurs across the globe are creating transformational experiences that drive innovation, design solutions, and bring ideas to life.
Tune in for an engaging conversation with international women entrepreneurs as they share their stories and experiences.
In partnership with World Learning and TeamWomen, we’ll hear from a panel of international women entrepreneurs from Argentina, India, Italy, Mexico, and Sierra Leone, who participated in the U.S. Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program and traveled to Minnesota for professional exchange opportunities over the past several years.
- Megha Bhagat, Human Rights Lawyer, Co-Founder at Project DEFY and Executive Director at MUSE Inc. (India)
- Paulina Perea Eguía, Co-Founder of Cervecería Olvera (Mexico)
- Enrica Rosa Maria Arena, Co-Founder of Orange Fiber (Italy)
- Donatela Orsi, Director of Economic Integration, City of Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Sofia Mohamed Konneh, Physical Trainer and Nutrition Advisor, (Sierra Leone)
The women will share social, economic, and political factors that influence and encourage women as entrepreneurs and business owners. They will also discuss leadership development, how they market their business, and grow their companies. The program will include a welcome by Susan B. Plimpton, Global Minnesota Honorary Board Director; and Patricia Harrison, Director of Global Programs at World Learning. The panel discussion will be moderated by Priya Morioka, Co-Founder and Co-Owner of Global Language Connections.
This event will be presented as a Zoom webinar.