Test your students’ global IQ at our annual international knowledge competition for high school students.
2019 Competition Details
Date: Wednesday, March 6
Location: Great Hall – Coffman Memorial Union, University of Minnesota, 300 Washington Ave. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Competition: 3:30-6:00 pm
This free event challenges teams of four to combine wits and correctly answer multiple choice questions on global topics. The winning team and their coach win an all-expenses-paid trip to the national competition in Washington, D.C.
- FREE to compete
- Each high school (9-12 grade students) is invited to register up to 3 teams of 4 students
- Limited travel scholarships are available for teams from Greater Minnesota
- Light meal provided
- Prizes, including NEW team spirit award
Study Guide and Resources
All questions for this year’s competition will be drawn from sources in the official Academic WorldQuest Study Guide, with the exception of current events and Global Minnesota’s focus country South Africa.
- Current Events
- How to Deal with North Korea
- Global Refugee and Migration Crisis
- #WeAreNATO – The Alliance at 70
- 2018 Great Decisions Topics
- Japan-U.S. Relations
- Space Policy
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Bridging Divides to Build Peace
- Global Minnesota focus country: South Africa (local competition only)
Contact Sylvia Oxenham, K-12 Education Manager
Presented in partnership with The Institute for Global Studies – University of Minnesota and the World Affairs Councils of America.