Test your students’ global IQ at our annual international knowledge competition for high school students.
2021 Competition Details
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Location: This year’s competition will be VIRTUAL! Details on how to access the event and the game instructions will be posted closer to the event.
Time: 4:00-5:30 pm CDT
This free event challenges teams of four to combine wits and correctly answer multiple-choice questions on global topics. The winning team will represent Minnesota at the national Academic WorldQuest competition presented virtually by the World Affairs Councils of America, on April 17, 2021.
- Each high school (9-12 grade students) can register up to 3 teams of 4 students.
- FREE to compete
- First place team receives a championship trophy for their school, $100 Amazon gift card for each team member, and the opportunity to represent Minnesota at the national competition in April.
- Additional prize drawings throughout the event
- Team Spirit Award: Your chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card!
- Record a short, fun video (1-1:30 min. long) introducing your team and why you enjoy competing at Academic WorldQuest.
- Submit your video using WeTransfer and enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the email field.
- Videos will be judged on creativity and content. The winning video will be featured on Global Minnesota’s website and social pages.
Each team will receive in the mail a FREE copy of the 2020 Great Decisions briefing book.
All questions for this year’s competition will be drawn from sources in the official Academic WorldQuest Study Guide, with the exception of current events.
- Global Protests
- Shifting Sands: The Arab Spring 10 Years On
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
- The U.S. Foreign Service in the 21st Century
- Great Decisions
- Country in Focus: Uzbekistan
- Exploring Peace in a World of Conflict
- Fraying Alliances
- Looking to a Post-Pandemic Economy
- Current Events
Contact Sylvia Oxenham, K-12 Education Manager
Presented in partnership with Delta Air Lines, Mall of America, and the World Affairs Councils of America.