Test your students’ global IQ at our annual international knowledge competition for high school students.
This free event challenges teams of four to combine wits and correctly answer multiple choice questions on global topics. The winning team and their coach win an all-expenses-paid trip to the national competition in Washington, D.C.
- FREE to compete
- Each high school (9-12 grade students) is invited to register up to 2 teams of 4 students.
- Limited travel scholarships may be available for teams from Greater Minnesota.
- Prizes and light meal provided.
This year’s Academic WorldQuest is set for Wednesday, February 7, 2018!
See details and register here.
2017 Top Ten Team Standings
1st Place Champions – Breck School
2nd Place – St. Paul Central A
3rd Place Tiebreaker – Edina A
4. Edina B
5. Como Park B
6. Edison A
7. Como Park A, Highland Park A, New Ulm A
8. Burnsville A, Mounds Park Academy
9. St. Thomas Academy A
10. Robbinsdale Cooper, Wayzata A, Wayzata B
Other participating schools: Academy for Sciences and Agriculture, Bloomington Jefferson, Burnsville, Centennial, Chanhassen, Cretin-Derham Hall, Edison, Grand Rapids, Highland Park, Hutchinson, Irondale, New Ulm, Rosemount, School of Environmental Studies, Southwest, St. Paul Central, St. Paul Prep, St. Thomas Academy, Staples-Motley
Contact Sylvia Oxenham, K12 Program Manager
This year’s competition was hosted by Ecolab, and presented in partnership with the David Winton Bell Foundation and the World Affairs Councils of America.