- This event has passed.
Culture Through Cuisine: South Korea
May 9, 2016 @ 7:00 pm CDT
Known for its kimchi fried rice and creative cocktails in a funky setting, the Rabbit Hole is shaping up to be the hottest Korean-fusion restaurant the Twin Cities has seen in years. But fried dumplings with whipped goat cheese and pan-seared udon noodles with vegetables are not the only things on the menu. With strong ties to his Korean heritage, owner and head chef Thomas Kim serves up dishes inspired by the story of his life.
Join us for a truly unique culinary adventure as Chef Kim shares how he bridges culture with cuisine and ended up going down the Rabbit Hole.
- Braised bitter greens fried dumplings with whipped goat cheese and pomegranate
- Kimchi poutine with pork curry gravy, caramelized onion, Parmesan, cheddar, soft poached egg, and chipotle aioli
- Sauteed vegetables with tofu, pickled vegetables, rice, soft poached egg, and BB sauce
- Korean double fried chicken wings with gochu butter
- Korean fried spare ribs in a coconut curry sauce
Born and raised in L.A., Thomas Kim started cooking at a very young age, which resulted in 11 years of culinary experience as an executive chef and manager of restaurants with more than $5 million in annual sales. He has worked in several fine-dining establishments and with notable culinary figures such as Roy Yamaguchi (James Beard winner), Nobu Matsuhisa (James Beard winner), Jin Suzuki (Michelin Recognized Chef – Hachi Ju Hachi).
Price includes dinner, nonalcoholic beverages, tax, and gratuity.