- This event has passed.
Advancing LGBTQIA+ Rights Worldwide
December 10, 2020 @ 12:00 pm CST/ Free
Significant changes have been made in legislation and cultural norms surrounding the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people around the world in the past several decades. But public opinion on acceptance of these communities remains sharply divided by country. People who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex or asexual (LGBTQIA) continue to face violence, discrimination, and other human rights violations due to their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Participate in an engaging online discussion with international professionals as they share their human rights advocacy work across the globe including México, Rwanda, and Switzerland.
Featuring alumni of the U.S. Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program, the program will include breakout rooms and the opportunity for audience participation in the discussion.
- Minnesota Senator D. Scott Dibble
- Garuka Christian Nsabimana, Independent Human Rights Attorney in Rwanda
- Antonio Ortega, Doctoral Student in History at the Colegio de Morelos in Cuernavaca,
- Gurchaten “Nanoo” Sandhu, President, UN-GLOBE
- Monica Meyer, Executive Director, OutFront Minnesota
- Raziel Valiño, Adjunct Professor & Program Coordinator, Global Twin Cities Scholars, Augsburg University
Become a Global Minnesota member or donate today to power important conversations like this and others. Your gift before December 15, 2020, will be matched by the Anderlik Memorial Donor Fund. Thank you for your support!
Presented in partnership with Augsburg University’s Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE) and LGBTQIA+ Student Services.