Global Discussions in the Schools
In-depth analysis of today’s top foreign policy topics serves as a diverse and applicable current events curriculum for high school students.
By examining issues significant to the U.S.’ role in the global community, teachers and students can implement Great Decisions directly in their classroom and become active participants in the world community.
2018 Great Decisions Topics
- The Waning of Pax Americana?
- Russia’s Foreign Policy
- China’s Geopolitics
- Media and Foreign Policy
- Turkey: A Partner in Crisis
- U.S. Global Engagement & the Military
- South Africa’s Fragile Democracy
- Global Health Issues
Resources and Opportunities
To help bring the program to life, an annual briefing book, DVD series with 30-minute episodes on each Great Decisions topic, and a teacher’s guide are available at a subsidized rate. These Great Decisions materials support global learning by:
- Enhancing classroom lessons
- Providing the basis for student or teacher-led clubs or discussion groups
- Preparing students for debate and Academic WorldQuest
- Augmenting current event discussions
In addition, Global Minnesota invites educators and students to our annual Great Decisions conference, recommends active educators to attend the Great Decisions Teacher Institute, and on a limited basis, makes our our roster of subject-matter experts available for speaking engagements.
Want more information? Connect with us to learn how you can bring Great Decisions into the classroom and help your students develop as global citizens.