How it Works
Each Classroom Connection experience is as unique as the teacher, volunteer, and students involved!
Teachers and international volunteers partner to create and deliver a customized program in one of the following formats, based on the Universals of Culture framework:
Repeat Visit Classroom Connection
For Twin Cities schools
- Three separate days of programming by international volunteer per classroom
- In-person planning meeting at the school with the teacher, international volunteer, and Global Minnesota K-12 Education staff member
- Available to schools in the Twin Cities or on a case-by-case situation
World Cultures Day Classroom Connection
For Greater Minnesota schools
- One day of programming by international volunteers for up to three grade levels
- In-person planning meeting at the school with Global Minnesota K-12 Education staff member. All subsequent planning conducted via email.
- Available to schools in Greater Minnesota
Bring Classroom Connection to your students by taking the next step.
Step 1: Contact Sylvia Oxenham, K-12 Education Manager, with questions or to schedule an initial information meeting that will cover specifics about the program and teachers’ interests in topics or countries and regions, and scheduling preferences for class visits.
Step 2: Global Minnesota identifies a volunteer, making every effort to find one from a preferred country or region of interest and whose schedule is compatible with the teacher(s).
Step 3: Planning meeting – Global Minnesota introduces volunteers and teachers in-person or via email, and lesson plans are defined.
Step 4: Class visits begin!
It’s that simple! Global Minnesota is here to support teachers and volunteers, and help make the most out of every class visit. Want more information? Connect with us.