Stay informed and learn about new developments on each Great Decisions topic, with the latest headlines.
2020 Topic Updates
Climate Change and the Global Order
- “Climate Changes Takes Center Stage in Davos,” Stanley Reed, New York Times (Jan 20, 2020)
- “BlackRock is changing its investment strategy because of climate change,” Julia Horowitz, CNN (Jan 14, 2020)
India and Pakistan
- “‘We are near to economic collapse’: Kashmir’s tourism industry decimated by India’s internet blackout,” Joe Wallen, The Telegraph (Feb 6, 2020)
- “Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan again calls for Trump to mediate on Kashmir dispute,” Saheli Roy Choudhury, CNBC (Jan 27, 2020)
Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery
- “How AI and satellite imaging can stamp out modern slavery,” Gayle Markovitz, World Economic Forum (Jan 22, 2020)
- “Remarks by President Trump at the White House Summit on Human Trafficking: The 20th Anniversary of the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000,” White House (Jan 31, 2020)
- “Slavery Still Exists All Around the World. Here’s How Some Countries Are Trying to Change That,” Suyin Haynes, Time (Dec 2, 2019)
Latin America’s Northern Triangle
- “Mexico Breaks Up a Migrant Caravan, Pleasing White House,” Kirk Semple and Brent McDonald, New York Times (Jan 24, 2020)
- “El Salvador launches anti-corruption commission, inspired by Guatemala,” Nelson Renteria, Reuters (Sep 6, 2019)
The Philippines and the U.S.